Saturday, August 15, 2015

Drummond Island Check In - then Harbor Island

     As we rounded the northern portion of Drummond Island, the reality of our Great Loop Adventure coming to a close, called 'Crossing Our Wake', (as in, we will cross the wake we made when we departed) It all started to become a true reality.  Bittersweet.  I was very quiet reflecting on the trip as a whole.  Glad / sad.  Taking this little 36' trawler on such a trip, amazing.  I looked at the total milage travels to date...  6,380!  Seriously ?  I began to think of the states visited, the rivers system,  the time in Florida, the Intercostal waters, Canada, difficult to grasp the entire picture.  Very sobering.  I began to think about the concept of planning the Loop trip.  A full year?  I then wondered about the execution of the trip.   So much to reflect on.  I think it will be years before I put this trip in true perspective.  Simply an awesome experience.

There was a practical joke played on me, when we were in Customs, that story will be told some day (here).  The anchorage was uneventful.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very good post. Just wonderful. Truly, I am amazed at what informative things you've told us today. Thanks a million for that. Download Bokep Barat Dientot Mahasiswi

    ReplyDelete