Sunday, August 23, 2015

Blue Willow Crosses Her Wake, and, Completes the Great Loop

On August 23, 2015, 365 days after departing for a trip around the Great Loop, the crew of Blue Willow safely crossed their wake in Cheboygan Michigan at 2:30 PM.

Mark, Vicki and Daisy would like to express our thanks to the Gold Loopers, who provided so much information via their Blogs, and personal advice. Thanks also to all the active loopers that we met along the way who also provided valuable information to make the journey safe, fun, and enjoyable. To future Loopers, I say do not loose your dream, it is a trip that is truly beyond words to describe the adventure, and its impact on your life. A special thanks to Eddies Weather Wag. To all the loopers that we had docktails, dinner, lunches, and Captains Meetings with I say, thanks to you too, what a superb group of people. Finally, thanks to the ALGCA as a whole for providing so much information for planning and executing our loop trip.


And now, the Great Loop from the point of view of our dog, 'Daisy, the Super Looper Lab', who now wears a " I'm a Gold Looper" collar.

What's that smell? I know, that's the 'Mackinaw Island Fudge' smell. Whoopee, I must be close to home. I thought something was up. Mark n Vicki have been kind of quiet lately, and they do a lot of thinking by themselves. Home? That will be nice, better than this small area on the boat I have had for a year. But what a year I had. I went to Chicago, not many grassy places there for me to pee on. That is where I met Gia on Friendly Cove and JustUs, thought he was a Judge, but he was not. We cruised down the rivers at flood stage with Infinite Sea and Sweet Water and many other boats. The guy on Sweet Water pulled us from a log jam on an island at midnight, sure was a lot of lights and horns that night. Got to know Charlie from Ocean Breeze more at Green Turtle Bay. Charlie even gave Vicki some of his pee and poo for training me to go potty on the Blue Willow for the big crossing. Not going to go potty on the Blue Willow, nope, no way! Some of the lower rivers sure were boring, I slept most of the way. You know, looking for alligators when you have a full bladder, is not much fun, kinda scary when you see gator foot prints too. That 'crossing' thing was not much fun either, 23.5 hours of holding my pee and poo, try that some time! Got to know Patriot very well. Connie, I gave her a big kiss one day when she took me for a ride on a golf cart. That Jim, he has a treat for me almost every day, I now go to any boat that looks like their Nordic Tug, I'm looking for a treat, just in case they all give out treats. Key West is a weird place, they blow into shell horns at sundown, that sound kinda hurts my ears. Sure was windy in Bahia Honda, but I got to swim every day, and I saw a Manatee up close! Looks like a potato to me.I sure hate that salt water, can't drink it! Windy at Tavenier too, a boat crashed into us at 3 AM, sure interrupts my sleep. I sure liked the Florida beaches, but I am not allowed on the good ones. There are alligators all the way to North Carolina did you know that? Sure had a rough time sleeping at an angle while grounded on the NJICW. I took a pee on George Washington's Mt Vernon farm, the security officer said I was not to be there after hours. I've never been to Canada before, the trip to Montreal was fun with lots of swimming in fresh water. I seem to be in the way when we go through the locks, but I like to see the action. The Rideau was the most fun of all, I swam a lot, Mark and Vicki did too. Mark had a rock bass bite his nipple, he screamed out loud , that was so funny. I met a guy named Richard, who speaks French, I cannot understand a word he says, but he is nice. The Canadian lock operators are my newest best friends of all, most of those guys carry treats, so I look pretty as I can and I get a treat, most times. I was way up in the air a few times in a big bathtub, that was weird. I rode is a weird train car thing that carried boats too. There are many large rocks to walk on in Canada, many of the rocks, you can swim from, that sure is a different place, but I loved every minute there. Mark can sure put the Blue Willow in the Cheboygan Lock better that he could a year ago. On the loop I saw: Dolphins, turtles, manatee, alligators, fish, bald eagles, osprey, and black bear poo.
It is so nice being home, I can now run and jump, off leash, on my old trails again, I wish Bliss was here. You know, I kinda wish the Blue Willow would do that Great Loop thing again. That was really a great time. I have to go now, I need to take a nap.
Mark and Vicki Hill
Blue Willow 36 GB Classic
Home Port: Petoskey Mi.
























11 comments:

  1. CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS YA'LL ARE MY HEROS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mark and Vicky, congratulations for your Great Loop completion. I've been following you trip since your were in Florida. Cheers, Manoel Cunha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark and Vicki......Congratulations !!!! We enjoyed meeting you all and the time we spent together in Fort Myers and Stock Island....If you are ever in northeast Indiana, southwest Florida or the Keys......look us up....

    ReplyDelete
  4. proessaywriting.com
    I also enjoy reading the comments, but notice that a lot of people should stay on topic to try and add value to the original blog post. I would also encourage everyone to bookmark this page to your favorite service to help spread the word. I'll use this information for my essay topics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoy simply reading all of your web. Simply wanted to inform you that you have people like me who appreciate your work. Definitely a great post Foto Artis Bokep Asia Dientot Orang Asing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m loving everything about this post.Thanks


    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blog is very fantastic. Thanks
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete