Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Five Days to Go.

The GB Curl
Our planned departure date of August is still a go!   We have mixed feeling about leaving Lake Michigan too soon (fresh, clean, swimming water), but also want to get on the "rivers" (no swimming, and yuck water).

We have been very, very busy working on getting Blue ready for the "Loop'.  Kudos to Vicki for doing all the prep work (Heat Gun stripping, sanding 80, 120, 180, then 220 grit) on the Rails, Door frames, Anchor Pulpit, and the Risers (old dingy racks that we will use for the bikes and motor).  I then put two coats of top coat (one high gloss coat to go).  We are very happy with the results. Not perfect, but significantly better. This project alone exceeds 100 hours of work.

I installed a new stereo and speakers, nice!  I also subscribed to XM Satellite Radio, even better.  The first channel that came on was the "Jimmy Buffet Channel"  I will take that as a sign of good things to come.

I inventoried all the spare parts, and am waiting for some filters to come in.  There are some parts that were on the boat when I got it, and I still have no clue what they are, or, where they go.

We are now starting to clean the inside.

Thanks for reading, more information coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment