Friday, June 12, 2015

You Never Know When........


Daisy
When we started this trip, we knew we would meet many people from many locations of the US. and elsewhere.  I wondered 'When I meet some folks, How close to my home town will they be from, and who will be the closest?  and, Where would it be that I would meet them?'
Over the past few months I have met people with a  Ferris  State University (My my former employer) connection, both students, and parents of students (even from our department).  These were really fun connections to make.  I met several folks from the northern Michigan area, I met them in restaurants or walking the street. Similarly,  we met several boaters from the Northern Michigan area as well.

Today I had an a cool experience.  I was docked at the Waterford, NY Free Wall.  I looked up to see a boat heading my way seeking to tie up for the night.  The vessels name was 'Daisy'.... Well that is easy...We love our dog 'Daisy', lets go help him tie up.  The Captain was wearing a tee shirt which had a Mackinac Island Logo (very near to my home town).  I said: 'Anyone wearing a tee shirt like that must be a great Captain' (which he was).  He then says 'I hail from Cheboygan'.  WOW!  So do I.... Our Blue Willow is slipped in Cheboygan too!  Then he says "I really live in Alanson'  WHAT!!! That is my home town (population 350 or so). Are you serious?  This is too weird.  We had a great chat, and it turns out, both Vern and Jacki McCardell  work for the National Ski Patrol  at Nubs Nob ski area for the past several years, and, I have skied there each and every year too.  

You never know when........

Daisy, From Alanson and Cheboygan

No comments:

Post a Comment