Saturday, May 17, 2014

Surprise Retirement Party- With Great Loop related gifts. (memorable)

Last week (Wednesday May 7th) I was the Honoree of a Suprise Retirement Party.  The early evening started with me walking our dog in the rain. As I became saturated, I was thinking 'when I get home, I'd simply get a hot shower, and watch the NHL playoffs'.  Well, not quite.  I noticed my daughter Kourtneys car in the driveway, then her husband Chad showed up.... It was decided to go out for dinner.  OK, no shower, I was told to simply change my clothes, and then again.  As we entered the Blue Lake restaurant and bar, I noticed my friends who golf and have beers afterward.  I told Kourtney to find a tall table and I would join them after saying hi to the guys.   Nooooooo.   "Dad this is for you" ok   Ill be there in a minute,  NNooo dad this is a party for you!  OH!

Well the party and execution of the surprise could bot have been any better it was perfect, and what an awesome time,  Really!  I had perhaps the best time of any party,  anywhere, anytime that I have attended! (Thanks to Bruce for setting it up, and thanks to the Welding guys for my drinks).

There were two Great Loop related events at the party that I want to add to out GL Blog..

1. I received a card from the guys, referencing crossing the finish line, and a perfectly worded personal message:



What a perfect Wordsmith effort (Thanks Ken).  The words mean so much to me.
The "Little Something" is:
I cannot wait to display the Ferris Flag as high as possible on the Blue Willow. Thanks to all who contributed to this awesome meaningful gift, Thanks again.

2. Beth and George Langenberg are great friends who we have boated with many times, and we all have great stories to share (another time).  I received a gift from them,  that was hilarious.  I refer to it as the 'Human Anchor Chain'.

The setup:
The gift:
Is that funny? Is that great....? Even a padlock! Thanks Beth and George for a memorable gift.

If you are inclined, here is a youtube video of me unwrapping, and notice Vickis reaction at the end: Click Here

And then there is the requisite disclaimer: (way to go George)
Thanks everyone.  Truly a memorable night.



No comments:

Post a Comment